Forfatter Emne: Regulation of the boiler temperature by sending signals 0-10V  (Læst 11502 gange)

0 Medlemmer og 1 Gæst læser dette emne.

Offline FMRathmanner

• Begynder
  • Respekt optjent: +0/-0
    • Facility Management Rathmanner
Hello everybody,

we would like to control the boiler temperature by sending signals from 0-10V from the heating controller to the scotte controller.
We often use three-way-mixing-valves and that is the reason, why we use the UVR1611( type of universal controller).
The UVR1611 (http://wiki.uvr1611.at/doku.php/en/start) and many other controllers can send a signal to the heater( 0-10V) to regulate the boiler temperature. 0V are 0° and 10 V are 100°.
My question is, is it possible to send the signal to the Scotte controller, so the controller can adjust and change the temperature to the wanted temperature?

Best regards
Sandra

Offline MHES

• Beta tester
  • Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +470/-56
  • Der findes ikke dumme spørgsmål - kun dumme svar
    • MHES
Hi Sandra,

No, as it is right now the setpoint of temperature is set by a figure in the controller.

Professionally I am quite known with analouge signals 0-10V or 0/4-20 mA and use them very often in control systems, but to be hornest I can't see the reason to use it in the pellets burner.
In order to have a steady good burning, you need a steady enviroment and changing the boiler setpoint temperature doesn't ensure this.
Another point is capabillity to produce hot water for the water tap, for this you also need a specific temperature.

Best regards
Michael

Hello everybody,

we would like to control the boiler temperature by sending signals from 0-10V from the heating controller to the scotte controller.
We often use three-way-mixing-valves and that is the reason, why we use the UVR1611( type of universal controller).
The UVR1611 (http://wiki.uvr1611.at/doku.php/en/start) and many other controllers can send a signal to the heater( 0-10V) to regulate the boiler temperature. 0V are 0° and 10 V are 100°.
My question is, is it possible to send the signal to the Scotte controller, so the controller can adjust and change the temperature to the wanted temperature?

Best regards
Sandra
Styring nr. 47387 RTB på Android tablet
Opvarmer ca. 270 m2
RTB 10 kW v13.xxxx med VVB-styring og udvidelsesprint.
Årsforbrug 4,5 - 5 ton.
Online fra fyr https://stokercloud.dk/v3/#/mhes_rtb10/main-page
Hjemmeside www.mhes.dk
"How to do" videoer http://mhes.dk/hjem-2/videoer.html

Offline FMRathmanner

• Begynder
Hiiiiiii Michael,

Most of the Heating systmes, here in Austria, are low-temperature-heating-systems. Since their flow temperature is not even 40°, we don`t need a boiler temperature more than 58°. For the water heating we need 65°-70°. We reduced manually the boiler temperature to 58° and we figured out, that the burner needs less pellets and the smoke temperatur went down. The emission value is quite good, though.
Reasoned in the switch from Oil - and Gasburner to Pelletburner, we need to find a possibility to use the existing Controllers(and their signal is 0-10V) with the Scotte Controllers.
Many of our customers ask for that.

Best wishes,
Sandra

Offline DennisRN

• Beta tester
  • Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +17/-3
    • Phoenix 16kw
Hello FMRathmanner

As i read it, it sounds like you are trying to invent the spoon one more time... ;)

The Scotte/Woody Controler comes with a funktion called 'Hot Water Priority'.
I use it myself in the summertime when it's to hot outside.
With the help from a temp.sensor and a three way motor valve the controler is abel to
run with an average temp. of - let's say 40 degrees Celcius - and when the hot water temp. drops
under a given temp., it will regulate itself up 70 degrees or what ever you choose, to heat water.
When that is done, it turns itself down to the wanted average temp. or even turn off until the
next time the water temp is under it's minimum.
Then the cyclus start again.
Regards
Dennis
« Senest Redigeret: Mar 08, 2012, 21:51 af DennisRN »
Phoenix 16kw med det hele
Styringsnr.: 59091
http://v16beta.stokercloud.dk/#drnilsson

2 plans hus på 180kvm fra 1934.
VVB prioritering 140l.
Forbrug: ca. skal endnu vise sig...

Nu med RTB Grill! :-)
Tablet til styring af grill: Denver TAQ-90022

Offline MHES

• Beta tester
  • Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +470/-56
  • Der findes ikke dumme spørgsmål - kun dumme svar
    • MHES
Hi Sandra,

I fully agree with Dennis  ;)

If it is a question to run the boiler at 55-60oC for heating and then increase temperature when producing hot water, you have exactly that function in the NBE control box  ;)

My own boiler runs with setpoint of 55 oC for heating, and increases to 70oC for producing hot water, without any external controller  ;)

You can even choose when throug out the day you will allow the hot water production to take place  ;)

Best regards
Michael

Hello FMRathmanner

As i read it, it sounds like you are trying to invent the spoon one more time... ;)

The Scotte/Woody Controler comes with a funktion called 'Hot Water Priority'.
I use it myself in the summertime when it's to hot outside.
With the help from a temp.sensor and a three way motor valve the controler is abel to
run with an average temp. of - let's say 40 degrees Celcius - and when the hot water temp. drops
under a given temp., it will regulate itself up 70 degrees or what ever you choose, to heat water.
When that is done, it turns itself down to the wanted average temp. or even turn off until the
next time the water temp is under it's minimum.
Then the cyclus start again.
Regards
Dennis
Styring nr. 47387 RTB på Android tablet
Opvarmer ca. 270 m2
RTB 10 kW v13.xxxx med VVB-styring og udvidelsesprint.
Årsforbrug 4,5 - 5 ton.
Online fra fyr https://stokercloud.dk/v3/#/mhes_rtb10/main-page
Hjemmeside www.mhes.dk
"How to do" videoer http://mhes.dk/hjem-2/videoer.html

Offline FMRathmanner

• Begynder
Hi guys,

BUT(<--womans favourite word  ;D)

The point is: we are programming complex Controls, that regulate the entire house technology including the heating plant, ventilating-and air conditioning, sunshades, hot water, solar energy, etc.
The heating systems are low-temperature-heating-systems.  The heating circuits are regulated by three-way-mixing-valves.
Unfortunately, the Scotte control can’t manage all of these features.
For example: The Scotte Control is able to regulate only one heating circuit but we need 2 and more.
As I said before, the controls send a output signal for modulating burners from 0-10V. Exactly this output is used with all common Controls in Austria and Germany.
Due to high Oil-and  gasprices many people would like to switch to Pellet Systems(and Scotte becomes more and more popular here in Austria), with little effort and in a cost-effective manner.
That’s why we try to find a solution how to regulate the Scotte Control with 0-10V.  ;D

Best wishes,
Sandra

Offline Martin Pedersen

• Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +174/-137
That’s why we try to find a solution how to regulate the Scotte Control with 0-10V.  ;D

This is not supported by the Scotte.. that's the simple answer, and not a solution.

With a little ingenuity you can cheat. You have the VVB temperature input probe... if you replace that with a variable resistance output, controlled by a 0-10V signal, you can cheat the Scotte into thinking that the VVB needs heat... and if I understand it correctly, I think that the boiler temperature will be +10 of what the VVB temperature is, so if you set the boiler temperature for 45 degrees, and the VVB set temperature to 90 degrees, you could actually control the temperature from 45 to 90 degrees. Do you understand what I mean? I tell the controller that the VVB is 55 degrees, the boiler will increase temperature to 65 degrees. I don't know if there will be any complications with this, but I think you could get this idea to work... but of course it needs thorough testing. Another thing is that, if there's a big market for this, we could ask NBE to provide a controller that is able to handle this input...?
10kWh Woody v10 på BS20, kompressorrens og 2xTrækstabilisator.
136 kvm i to plan. fra 1900. Væg isolering go. Loft og gulv dårligt isoleret. Ingen etage isolering.
Solvarme 30 Rør, 300L
Online stokerdata: http://stokercloud.dk/dev/M.html

Offline Kurt_J

• Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +1/-2
    • Kurt's Pille Fyr Online kl 15-00
i believe the "boiler" input is 0-10mA ( thats what the KTY81 sensor is able to handle )

in that case the 0-10V that the controller working with has to be converted into mA that the scotte controller can work with

Scotte 10kW , v6.34 , ilt styring samt Stokerkontrol til Linux hosted på egen server
http://kurtspillefyr.dyndns-free.com/web/ Online fra Kl 16-00

Offline FMRathmanner

• Begynder
Thanks to everybody for your help so far.

We already tried to distort the temperature by a Micro-Controller. Therefore a modulation of the boiler would work out, but this solution is not yet satisfying, since the display shows the same temperature, all the time.

Offline Martin Pedersen

• Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +174/-137
If you want a picture perfect solution, you need to team up with NBE... I'm sure that they can accommodate you if there's a market for it.

I wouldn't personally manipulate the Boiler temperature input. You'd have to reverse their PID regulation, and all the safety mechanisms is also set out of operation when you do that. I would use the VVB input instead... and then the boiler temperature would be correct.
10kWh Woody v10 på BS20, kompressorrens og 2xTrækstabilisator.
136 kvm i to plan. fra 1900. Væg isolering go. Loft og gulv dårligt isoleret. Ingen etage isolering.
Solvarme 30 Rør, 300L
Online stokerdata: http://stokercloud.dk/dev/M.html

Offline svbech

• Prof
  • Respekt optjent: +1/-0
Hello
I have also UVR1611 and Scotte pelletsburner, i have tried to ask NBE for help, they have absolutely no interrest in helping with this.
There is on need to meddle with the PID in the burner, the 0-10v signal from UVR should only tell the burner how manny % power is requierd :(

Instead i am now cheating the burner, i have made the feed pump to the boiler rpm regulated from the PID function in the UVR, this way i can control how hard the pelletsburner have to work in order to maintain boiler set temperture.

It took a little adjustment, but its working fine now. :)
Opvarmer 280 m2, i 2 plan, lejligheds vist opvarmning af gildesal og værksteder, der ellers holdes frostfri.
Scotte 16kw, 16 kw Dacon Dor, samt oliefyr i reserve.
Solfanger, 80 vacumrør, 800l buffer.
Styring af hele varmeanlæget varetages af 2 stk TA UVR1611 programerbare styringer.