Forfatter Emne: Pellmon opdatering  (Læst 69199 gange)

0 Medlemmer og 1 Gæst læser dette emne.

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +6/-0
Sv: Pellmon opdatering
« Svar #15 Dato: Jan 26, 2016, 13:54 »
Hi

When I try to install the new version of Pellmon with the dbian installer I get this error.

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo gdebi pellmon_0.6.1-1_all.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Building data structures... Done
Building data structures... Done
Denne pakke kan ikke installeres
Dependency is not satisfiable: python-argcomplete

I tried to install python-argcomplete but that did not help.

Can you tell what´s causing this.
Mvh
Ole
BlackStar 1016, 16 kW, V6.76, 160+54 m2,  kompressorrens, 300L VVB med solfanger, Pellmon på Raspberry pi

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +18/-0
« Svar #16 Dato: Jan 26, 2016, 14:46 »
Are you still on the old raspbian wheezy release? I moved to raspbian Jessie quite a while ago so I didn't test with the old raspbian. The obvious way to deal with it would be to move to Jessie, but that is of course a hassle.
Bio Comfort 30kW, compressor cleaning, lambda. Termax 25cr boiler. Matene vertical pellet conveyor. PellMon open source pellet logger: https://github.com/motoz/PellMon

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #17 Dato: Jan 26, 2016, 14:53 »
There are ways to force an install even if a listed dependency is missing, but I've never done that and I think it will complicate things too much. The root cause is that python-arcomplete is not available in raspbian wheezy and 'sideloading' it with pip install does not help since the package manager doesn't know of it then.
Bio Comfort 30kW, compressor cleaning, lambda. Termax 25cr boiler. Matene vertical pellet conveyor. PellMon open source pellet logger: https://github.com/motoz/PellMon

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
« Svar #18 Dato: Jan 26, 2016, 14:57 »
I guess that im still on the old wheezy as I have never updated my raspberry.

I´ll take a look at that to see if I can find a way to update.

If I update to jessie, can I still keep my history, I made a backup to my pc today, can I just copy that back after an update.

Thanks.
Mvh
Ole
BlackStar 1016, 16 kW, V6.76, 160+54 m2,  kompressorrens, 300L VVB med solfanger, Pellmon på Raspberry pi

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #19 Dato: Jan 26, 2016, 15:29 »
There is no supported way to upgrade wheezy to Jessie, so you have to do a new install, install pellmon, and then move the database, log and config file back in place. If you have a spare memory card that would be the safest of course.

I really didn't make a conscious decision to obsolete wheezy now, it's just to hard to test everything. I'll update the release note so it's clear that Jessie is required.

(You could of course just reinstall the old version, or you could install the new version from the sources instead of using the deb file)

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
« Svar #20 Dato: Jan 26, 2016, 15:37 »
For now I have just reinstalled the old version, which works just fine.

So no worries  ^-^

I think I might try your tip about the spare memory card to update some day.

Thanks for your reply.

Mvh
Ole

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #21 Dato: Jan 26, 2016, 19:49 »
I added a wiki page listing the files needed to not lose anything when moving to another sd-card/computer.
https://github.com/motoz/PellMon/wiki/Backup-or-Move-PellMon

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
« Svar #22 Dato: Jan 31, 2016, 13:04 »
Just bought a new sd card and will try to install jessie and the new Pellmon.

I just have one question, if I want to use the new config file structure, is there anyway to keep the consumtiondata and log or will they be lost.

I know I have to ajust the new config files, but thats not a big problem.
Mvh
Ole

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #23 Dato: Jan 31, 2016, 13:42 »
The config file structure is completely arbitrary.  Pellmon only looks at one configuration file, whose path is given as a command line argument when pellmon is started. This is normally /etc/pellmon/pellmon.conf. That file can contain the whole configuration, or it can contain the 'configdir' directive which gives a path to additional configuration files to read. Every file with an extension of '.conf' in the 'configdir' path will be read, and if it contains subdirecories they will also be (recursively) searched for config files. When every .config file is read their contents are merged into one configuration. This means that you could split up your configuration in any way you like and the end result is exactly the same as when everything is in one file.

Long story short, to keep your old history data you copy over your old database and logfile, and make sure the configuration for the database is exactly as it was before.

If you use the new config file structure and move bits and pieces from your old config into the new files you have to make sure you end up with everything the same, then it will work. The really important sections are [rrd_ds_names], [rrd_ds_types] and [pollvalues].  A 'section' in a config file starts with the name of the section in square brackets and ends when the next section starts or when the file ends. They either all have to be exactly the same as before, or you really have to know what you are doing...

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
« Svar #24 Dato: Jan 31, 2016, 14:50 »
Thanks.

Btw is there an easy way to uninstall when I have used the deb installer?
Mvh
Ole

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #25 Dato: Jan 31, 2016, 14:56 »
Yes,

Uninstall:
Kode: [Vælg]
sudo dpkg -r pellmon
Uninstall and also remove configuration files, database and event log (use with caution):
Kode: [Vælg]
sudo dpkg --purge pellmon

Offline khe

• Begynder
  • Respekt optjent: +1/-0
« Svar #26 Dato: Jul 29, 2016, 16:32 »
Hi Motoz!

Hope you are enjoying summertime  ;)

I'm preparing for next season, and decided to update my Pi to Weezy and Pellmon 0.6.1, and got it all up and running, except from the database with consumption log - is it possible to transfer it to the new version?

I have copied  RRD database from the old install: /usr/local/var/lib/pellmon/rrd.db to the new install: /var/lib/pellmon/rrd.db - do I miss some point of config setup or so, to get it to work?

I have followed the description in your Wiki here: https://github.com/motoz/PellMon/wiki/Backup-or-Move-PellMon

Thanks in advance - Kristian.
1st gen 16KW Scotte med v4.99 chip, 24KW DOR kedel, PellMon logger på RPi

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #27 Dato: Jul 29, 2016, 18:02 »
Hello Kristian,

I suppose you did not move your old configuration file over to the new install then? If you do that everything should work without any changes. Or if you did move the configuration file, your database file is still in the same place as before since the path to the database is set in the configuration. If you have the database in the wrong place according to your config you should get a line in the event log saying that pellmon has created a new (empty) database.

If you want to use the new 'default configuration' that is split up in several files then you have to make some changes to it since the default configuration for the database setup has changed (probably, I don't remember when I changed it or when you installed...). Look in the file conf.d/database.conf and make sure you edit it to match the same sectiones in your old configuration, mainly the section [rrd_ds_names] must be exactly as in your old config. Then look in the event log when you restart, there should be some clues to what's wrong if you don't get it right in the first try.

« Senest Redigeret: Jul 29, 2016, 18:07 af motoz »

Offline khe

• Begynder
  • Respekt optjent: +1/-0
« Svar #28 Dato: Aug 02, 2016, 17:16 »
Oh, that makes sense, because I did move the old config files over to the new installation, but in the directories described for the new installation, and not in the same places as the old installation. I will look at it as soon as I get the time  ;)

Thank You for quick reply, and sorry for double posting in different treds, but it seems like the system wouldnt accept my post in this tread at the first, so I posted in the other tread we used before...
1st gen 16KW Scotte med v4.99 chip, 24KW DOR kedel, PellMon logger på RPi