Forfatter Emne: RTB16 V7 Failing blower  (Læst 1567 gange)

0 Medlemmer og 1 Gæst læser dette emne.

Offline AMRTB

• Begynder
  • Respekt optjent: +0/-0
  • Alan in Madrid
RTB16 V7 Failing blower
« Dato: Jul 01, 2021, 00:15 »
A few days ago my RTB16 shut down with an error burner too hot.  I checked it over, and the chimney was a bit blocked and the ash pan had quite a few unburnt pellets.  I cleaned out the chimney (last cleaned around new year), and started it up again.

Yesterday I noticed that it was very smokey, and then it shut down again. I cleaned the chimney and also the inside of the boiler, and when I connected it all up did a test of the various functions.  The blower (burner fan) didn't run (registered current and a 50Hz hum from the fan suggests the output works properly).

I tried the blower again today, and it runs but sounds very rough; it probably needs changing

I noticed that the controller had an option for RPM alarm, which was off, and I've turned it on, so if the fan doesn't work I should know.

I drove to the Spanish importer today to pick up a new fan, but it's different.  I tried take the RPM sensor from the old blower to put on the new one, but the old motor has an extended shaft with a magnet on it,  whereas the new blower doesn't,  and the new blower had two pressure sending ports.

Would it be ok to fit the new blower without the RPM sensor?  What is the RPM sensor used for, if it doesn't cause an alarm, and the blower is just set open-loop between three %  points ar 10%, 50% and 100%

RTB 16kW, 500L Buffer + Instant HW, Weather compensation, Underfloor heating 110m

Offline michael f

• Beta tester
  • Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +224/-179
  • Montør NBE
Sv: RTB16 V7 Failing blower
« Svar #1 Dato: Jul 01, 2021, 05:19 »
A few days ago my RTB16 shut down with an error burner too hot.  I checked it over, and the chimney was a bit blocked and the ash pan had quite a few unburnt pellets.  I cleaned out the chimney (last cleaned around new year), and started it up again.

Yesterday I noticed that it was very smokey, and then it shut down again. I cleaned the chimney and also the inside of the boiler, and when I connected it all up did a test of the various functions.  The blower (burner fan) didn't run (registered current and a 50Hz hum from the fan suggests the output works properly).

I tried the blower again today, and it runs but sounds very rough; it probably needs changing

I noticed that the controller had an option for RPM alarm, which was off, and I've turned it on, so if the fan doesn't work I should know.

I drove to the Spanish importer today to pick up a new fan, but it's different.  I tried take the RPM sensor from the old blower to put on the new one, but the old motor has an extended shaft with a magnet on it,  whereas the new blower doesn't,  and the new blower had two pressure sending ports.

Would it be ok to fit the new blower without the RPM sensor?  What is the RPM sensor used for, if it doesn't cause an alarm, and the blower is just set open-loop between three %  points ar 10%, 50% and 100%

Use normal blower numbers.
Rpm. is not aviable in update versions.
Update your kontroller  :)
Best regards
Michael fra StokerCloud Service http://www.nbe.dk/sadan-fungere-stokercloud/
Find manualer her https://www.nbe.dk/manualer-nbe/
Tekniske vejledninger https://www.nbe.dk/tekniske-vejledninger/

Offline AMRTB

• Begynder
  • Respekt optjent: +0/-0
  • Alan in Madrid
Sv: RTB16 V7 Failing blower
« Svar #2 Dato: Jul 01, 2021, 23:48 »
Thanks for the answer.  The firmware version i have at the moment is 7.0674, and it says it is the latest.  I did have the hybrid version 13 at one point, and the V13 Android app is much better, but I went back to V7 to try to solve a problem,  and don't have the hybrid version anymore.

So I'll change the fan over to the new one, and just disconnect the RPM sensor.

I guess that I'll need to recalibrate it at 10%, 50% and 100% though because the old blower says 43W and the new one is 34W.  I'll have to work out a time when I can run it to do the calibration, and I'm not sure how to do it on an RTB, because you can't see the flame. I'll search the forum.  I can't have a service visit until September.
RTB 16kW, 500L Buffer + Instant HW, Weather compensation, Underfloor heating 110m