Forfatter Emne: Pellmon opdatering  (Læst 68751 gange)

0 Medlemmer og 1 Gæst læser dette emne.

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +6/-0
Pellmon opdatering
« Dato: Jan 08, 2016, 16:42 »
Jeg har nu efter lang tids tilløb taget mig sammen til at opdatere Pellmon på min Raspberry.

Det er gået fint bortset fra at min forbrugshistorie er væk, jeg synes jeg kan mindes at jeg tidligere har fået den frem igen, men husker ikke hvordan.

Jeg kan heller få ramdisk til at virke, der kommer bare en masse fejl ved opstart.

Nogen der kan hjælpe?

Mvh
Ole
BlackStar 1016, 16 kW, V6.76, 160+54 m2,  kompressorrens, 300L VVB med solfanger, Pellmon på Raspberry pi

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
  • Respekt optjent: +18/-0
Sv: Pellmon opdatering
« Svar #1 Dato: Jan 08, 2016, 17:50 »
Of course...

First, did you make a backup of your configuration file before installing the new version, and then move it back to /etc/pellmon/pellmon.conf  without any modifications after installing? The default configuration from a new installation is radically different, but your old config file should work as it is without any modifications at all. If you are using the new default configuration (which is split up in several files to make it easier to find stuff) and redoing your own configuration in those files then you have probably made some mistake there which need to be fixed.

The history is in the database, by default in /usr/local/var/lib/pellmon/rrd.db, or since you have been using a ramdisk the permanent database is in /usr/local/var/lib/pellmon/nvrrd.db, what errors do you get?

« Senest Redigeret: Jan 08, 2016, 17:53 af motoz »
Bio Comfort 30kW, compressor cleaning, lambda. Termax 25cr boiler. Matene vertical pellet conveyor. PellMon open source pellet logger: https://github.com/motoz/PellMon

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
« Svar #2 Dato: Jan 08, 2016, 18:07 »
Thank's motoz

Jeg har ikke brugt den gamle config file, da jeg hellere ville have den nye opdeling, men har lagt mine ændringer ind i de nye.

Vedr. ramdisk får jeg disse fejl ved opstart.

Mvh
Ole
BlackStar 1016, 16 kW, V6.76, 160+54 m2,  kompressorrens, 300L VVB med solfanger, Pellmon på Raspberry pi

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
« Svar #3 Dato: Jan 08, 2016, 18:10 »
Og det her er fra første opstart efter opdatering.

Mvh
Ole

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #4 Dato: Jan 08, 2016, 18:36 »
The error 'found extra data on  update' is returned from the 'rrdtool update' command that pellmon calls to update the database. It means that your configuration does not match the database as it is defined. The rrd database is picky when updating, the update needs to contain all defined data 'columns' in the correct order as when the database was created. You need to set up the [rrd_ds_names] and [pollvalues] sections in your new configuration (conf.d/database.conf) so they are exactly the same as in the old single file.

In the second picture I see that it has created a new database in the default location as when not using a ramdisk, /usr/local/var/lib/pellmon/rrd.db, your original database should be in /usr/local/var/lib/pellmon/nvrrd.db. This is probably the reason for the mismatch.

Check that the 'database' and 'persistent_database' settings in the database.conf file matches your old file. One or both of these are wrong so it created a new database with the new standard definition that doesn't match your configuration.

To edit the files you can use the included 'pellmonconf' tool, run
Kode: [Vælg]
sudo pellmonconf on the raspberry, then you can open a nice text editor for the config files on http://<raspberryip>:8083 in your browser.

Hope this helps, just ask if you need more help.
Bio Comfort 30kW, compressor cleaning, lambda. Termax 25cr boiler. Matene vertical pellet conveyor. PellMon open source pellet logger: https://github.com/motoz/PellMon

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
« Svar #5 Dato: Jan 08, 2016, 19:39 »
Can i just copy the old pellmon.conf back and use that instead.
Mvh
Ole

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #6 Dato: Jan 08, 2016, 20:15 »
Yes, absolutely. I try hard to keep backwards compability while simultaneously improving things for new installs so the old config should always work.

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
« Svar #7 Dato: Jan 08, 2016, 20:39 »
I just tried to use the old config and then the front page is blank but i can get into parameters.

The log file shows this.

Mvh
Ole

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #8 Dato: Jan 08, 2016, 21:13 »
You probably have to add this to your config (cut from the recent default config):
Kode: [Vælg]
[frontpage_widgets]
# Select which widgets are displayed on the frontpage

#########################################
# Choose what is on the front page here #
#########################################
row_1 = systemimage,events
row_2 = graph
row_3 = consumption24h,silolevel

The contents of the frontpage is completely configurable now, this config snippet is from the default configuration and adds the stuff you probably had there. I actually don't quite remember now when I added the configurable frontpage, but your installation is probably older than that. So yes, without adding anything to [frontpage_widgets] your frontpage will be completely empty, sorry about that, it slipped my mind.

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
« Svar #9 Dato: Jan 08, 2016, 21:22 »
Ahh of course.

But for now I have reinstalled the old version and everything is fine.

I will try the new one when I have some time to play again and will probably need your help again.

Thank You very much for your help and good night.
Mvh
Ole

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #10 Dato: Jan 22, 2016, 20:25 »
Hello, new release of PellMon, 0.6.1.

The biggest change is that there is now a debian installation package which makes installation trivially easy https://github.com/motoz/PellMon/wiki/How%20to%20install%20PellMon. To upgrade from an old manual install from source code to the new debian package there is a procedure that has to be followed exactly, otherwise it does not work. The wiki has the instructions: https://github.com/motoz/PellMon/wiki/How%20to%20upgrade%20PellMon

In the future upgrading PellMon is as easy as downloading the newest package and simply installing it over the old with a single command.

(And I also fixed the problem you had with the frontpage, if there is no [frontpage_widgets] section at all the frontpage will be the old default one)

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
« Svar #11 Dato: Jan 23, 2016, 08:55 »
Thanks, thats great news.

Can I still use the old pellmon.conf or should I use the new conf files.

Will it keep my old history on consumption and log?

Mvh
Ole

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #12 Dato: Jan 23, 2016, 10:21 »
Yes, and yes. When you follow the upgrade procedure I linked to above everything will stay the same (that's the idea anyway).

Offline kivi

• Top of the pop
« Svar #13 Dato: Jan 23, 2016, 13:37 »
Is it possible to make a back up of the history before I try to update.
Mvh
Ole

Offline motoz

• Top of the pop
« Svar #14 Dato: Jan 23, 2016, 13:53 »
Of course, your config file has the paths to your database file and your event log, just copy those two elsewhere. (It's a good idea to make a backup copy every now and then anyway, no memory card lasts forever).

Edit: forgot to add that the config file(s) should be included in the backup also, but the upgrade instructions involves making a copy of the config file(s) anyway. Still a good idea to keep a copy of those along with the database/event log on another drive in case the sd-card fails.

« Senest Redigeret: Jan 23, 2016, 14:04 af motoz »